Context of Assignment: The SEforALL Operations and Governance Team supports the efficient, effective and fiduciary appropriate management of all resources, within the defined management policies, procedures and regulatory frameworks. The team also supports the various SEforALL governance bodies and their information interests and needs, in terms of financial and management data and in monitoring and evaluating progress made. Within the Operations and Governance team, the Administration and Management Associate will shape and support the ongoing development of the administration of the organization to ensure SEforALL to be effective and thriving in its mission.
The Administration and Management Associate is part of the Operations and Governance team supervised by the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), performing tasks including: (i) financial management and accounting; (ii) procurement; (iii) treasury management; (iv) logistics and asset management; and (v) monitoring and reporting.
Process and policy development. The Administration and Management Associate supports the CAO in improving, implementing, managing, and monitoring processes, guidelines and regulatory frameworks appropriate for SEforALL, and in line with internationally recognized administration and management standards.
Financial management and accounting: Making postings to the general ledger, performing periodic reconciliations, reviewing reports and correcting mis-postings. Monitoring accounts payable and receivable.
Procurement: Implements all activities necessary to ensure that procurement is swift, effective and efficient, and in accordance with the regulatory framework.
Ensures that contracts are in accordance with the regulatory framework; and that proper and timely contract administration, monitoring, approval, and control are in place, working closely with partner agencies (e.g. UNOPS and UNF).
Records incoming invoices. Ensures invoices are paid within appropriate timelines and in compliance with terms and conditions of the agreement. Provides quality control for payment requests.
Treasury management: Monitoring bank accounts, credit cards and petty cash in accordance with guidelines. Performs periodic reconciliations and replenishment requests. Resolves identified issues.
Assists with cash flow forecasting.
Logistics and Asset Management: Implements activities necessary for effective and efficient asset control: Recording of assets, verification, write-off, and disposal of obsolete equipment.
Supports premises management, including renting, refurbishing, and maintenance.
Manages a cost-effective insurance coverage against identified risks.
Monitoring and Reporting: Proposes, designs and delivers reports on administrative and operational management, proposes and delivers on regular reporting schedules, solicits feedback on reports, and highlights issues that would require attention.
General Administrative Activities: Supports the team and takes on a variety of other roles, to complement and support colleagues as necessary.
The Administration and Management Associate often engages directly with the SEforALL senior management team, and with counterparts in partner organizations, such as UNOPS, UNF.
Education and Work Experience:
- University degree, or equivalent, in Finance, Business Administration or a related field preferred.
- At least 4 years of progressively responsible experience in administration, procurement, budget, or financial management in a fast-paced environment that requires high flexibility and a commitment to results, ideally in an international organization.
- Experience in operating across multiple time zones and with distributed teams.
Fluency in English. Strong written and verbal communication skills required. German an advantage.
- Administration and management. Sound knowledge in the fields of administration and management, in particular financial management and administration, and with sufficient exposure to the field of logistics support, travel, information management, procurement and contracts management;
- Communication: Excellent drafting ability and communication skills, both oral and written;
- Planning and organization: Ability to independently establish detailed objectives, goals and targets. Establish and plan deadlines, and ensure that deadlines are prioritized, managed and met. Manage work effectively to take account of changing circumstances. Monitor the delivery of work against a plan and deliver in an organized and timely manner. Develops strategies and clear goals that are consistent the strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments. Adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and proposes and implements appropriate actions.
- Technology skills: Excellent IT skills and excellent knowledge of all MS office applications, in particular Excel. Proven experience and excellence in using databases for information management and a champion for the use of information systems and tools more generally. Aptitude to learn other systems and deploy them in setting an example in the team.
- Client orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients ” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client. Maintains client relationships in the face of conflicting demands or directions and provides evidence-based advice and solutions based on sound diagnosis and knowledge. Acts as a credible business partner and works with a long-term and institution-wide perspective in addressing clients' needs.
- Creativity: Works on improving existing programmes or services. Adapts existing programmes or services for application in new and different environments, and finds new solutions to address operational or strategic problems. Participate in projects to develop organizational structures, systems or strategy and works on activities and in environments which are new for the organization while responding to the demands of stakeholders for new approaches to be adopted.
- Drive for Results - Identifies the needed resources to accomplish results involving multiple stakeholders and finds solutions to obstacles affecting key deliverables.
- Knowledge, Learning and Communication – Shares best practice, trends, knowledge and lessons learned across units and with clients and partners, articulating ideas verbally and in writing in a clear and compelling way across audiences of varied levels..
- Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making - Gathers inputs, assesses risk, considers impact and articulates benefits of decisions for internal and external stakeholders over the long term.
- Teamwork: Support colleagues establish a team culture, encourages others to participate in teamwork and shares responsibility for decision-making and results. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings. Contributes to in helping the team stays organized and focused, and actively seeks and considers diverse ideas and approaches.
- Personal. Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude. Demonstrates behavior of professional and personal ethics transparency and openness to encourage respect and similar behavior from colleagues in the work place. Sensitivity to other people’s cultural and religious norms and the ability to easily blend with others. Must have shown to have the ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information. Exhibits diplomacy, loyalty and commitment to SEforALL’s goals. Sense of humor an advantage.
Apply for Administration and Management Associate
Have a account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.