Within the Quality Assurance Competence Area (QA CA) of the Process Assurance and Management Support (PRS) Division, the Quality Assurance Engineer will provide Quality and Product Assurance (QA/PA) support to the design and development of the next generation EUMETSAT end-to-end Meteosat Third Generation (MTG) satellite system, comprising two types of satellites, a comprehensive ground segment and launch services, and system, and preparations for future geostationary satellite systems.
- Provide quality and product assurance for the development of Ground Segment systems, including assessment of QA plans proposed by contractors, QA monitoring of contracts, reporting of detected anomalies and non-conformities and following up or managing investigations up to identification of root causes and corrective actions;
- Provide quality and product assurance for the procurement of the Launch Services including assessment of QA plans proposed by contractors, follow up of quality aspects of launch service reviews, until the Flight Readiness Review, and support investigations as appropriate;
- Contribute to the implementation and improvements of QA processes for the design and development of an end-to-end satellite systems, according to the EUMETSAT Management System and relevant standards (e.g. ECSS);
- Define and maintain QA Plans and Working Practices for relevant development programmes;
- Contribute to the preparation and execution of EUMETSAT system, ground and facility level project Reviews and of Progress Meetings organised with development partners (e.g. ESA) and suppliers;
- Support the Integration, Verification, and Validation (IV&V) Phase of the successive configurations of the end-to-end Meteosat Third Generation satellite system;
- Facilitate risk management processes, ensuring that critical items are identified and tracked, mitigation actions and plans are implemented, and lessons learnt collected and assessed for the prevention of reoccurrence;
- Provide QA Reports and prepare QA documentation;
- Perform and/or support EUMETSAT internal and external quality audits. Ensure lessons learned are implemented.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Solid and successful experience in QA/PA for the design, procurement and IV&V of complex software-intensive systems/products, preferably in the aerospace field, with good knowledge and practice of the series of ISO 9000, ECSS/M and EN standards;
- Direct experience of software QA/PA for the development and integration/validation of Ground Segments for satellite systems would be an advantage;
- Excellent analysis, synthesis and presentation skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to apply these to interactions within and between teams.
- University degree in Engineering, Physics or Computer Science. A certification as a quality auditor would be advantageous.
- Candidates must be able to work effectively in English and have some knowledge of French.
The initial contract will be of 4 years’ duration, with subsequent 5-year contracts being awarded thereafter, subject to individual performance and organisation requirements. There is no limit to the amount of follow-up contracts a staff member can receive up to the EUMETSAT retirement age of 63 and there are certainly opportunities to establish a long career perspective at EUMETSAT.
This post is graded A2/A4 on the EUMETSAT salary scales. The minimum basic salary for this post is EURO 5,612 per month (net of internal tax) which may be negotiable based on skills and experience. The salary scale provides for increments on the anniversary of taking up employment, and scales are reviewed by the EUMETSAT Council with effect from 1 January each year. In addition to basic salary, EUMETSAT offers attractive benefits. Further information, including salary details, is available on the EUMETSAT web site.
EUMETSAT is committed to providing an equal opportunities work environment for men and women.
Please note that only nationals of EUMETSAT Member States may apply. The EUMETSAT Convention requires that Staff shall be recruited on the basis of their qualifications, account being taken of the international character of EUMETSAT.
EUMETSAT is Europe’s meteorological satellite agency. Its role is to establish and operate meteorological satellites to monitor the weather and climate from space - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This information is supplied to the National Meteorological Services of the organisation's Member and Cooperating States in Europe, as well as other users worldwide.
EUMETSAT also operates several Copernicus missions on behalf of the European Union and provide data services to the Copernicus marine and atmospheric services and their users.
As an intergovernmental European Organisation, EUMETSAT has 30 Member States (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom.)