Within the Human Resources (HR) Division, the Recruitment Manager is responsible for the development and execution of the overall recruitment strategy ensuring that EUMETSAT attracts, hires and effectively on-boards the required talent to meet its objectives. The Recruitment Manager reports to the Head of Human Resources, collaborates with the HR Business Partners and manages external recruitment support services.
Maintain and further develop an effective recruitment and on-boarding process, including the preselection of candidates based on agreed requirements to ensure that all vacancies are successfully filled on-time with a qualified candidate. This also includes hands-on activities such as scheduling interviews, welcoming candidates, supervising in-house tests, etc.;
- Evaluate, procure and manage recruitment support services to optimise the organisation’s recruitment process, reduce the required level of administration and improve EUMETSAT’s employer brand;
- Administer the Applicant Tracking System and other recruitment related tools and coordinate enhancements with the internal ICT services;
- Reply to recruitment related queries from candidates and internal customers;
- Develop and maintain tools and trainings to support managers in making effective hiring decisions;
- Analyse hiring trends and changes in the labour market in order to evaluate and propose appropriate responses;
- Enhance the professional network through building relationships with relevant HR professionals, universities and other partners, including organisation of EUMETSAT’s presence at high-impact career fairs;
- Ensure full compliance with all rules and regulations applicable to the recruitment and selection process.
University degree in a relevant discipline (Human Resource Management, Social Sciences, Business Administration, etc.).
Candidates must be able to work effectively in English and have some knowledge of French. I
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Successful hands-on experience of managing the recruitment and on-boarding processes for a technical or scientific, preferably international organisation:
- Experience of effectively managing service providers, including the ability to define service requirements, negotiate contractual terms and monitor service-levels;
- Capability to act as sparring-partner for management in the area of talent acquisition and employer branding;
- Methodical and organised approach to work with an aptitude for detail and accuracy but still maintaining a broader perspective;
- Ability to balance a strong customer service orientation with the required level of process discipline;
- Excellent team-working, communication and presentation skills, pro-active attitude and the ability to work autonomously with a minimum of supervision under high workloads;
- Team management experience would be an asset;
- A specialisation or post-graduate qualification in a human resources discipline would be advantageous.
The initial contract will be of 4 years’ duration, with subsequent 5 year contracts being awarded thereafter, subject to individual performance and organisation requirements. There is no limit to the amount of follow-up contracts a staff member can receive up to the EUMETSAT retirement age of 63 and there are certainly opportunities to establish a long career perspective at EUMETSAT.
This post is graded A2/A4 on the EUMETSAT salary scales. The minimum basic salary for this post is EURO 5,612 per month (net of internal tax) which may be negotiable based on skills and experience. The salary scale provides for increments on the anniversary of taking up employment, and scales are reviewed by the EUMETSAT Council with effect from 1 January each year. In addition to basic salary, EUMETSAT offers attractive benefits. Further information, including salary details, is available on the EUMETSAT web site.
EUMETSAT is committed to providing an equal opportunity work environment for men and women.
Please note that only nationals of EUMETSAT Member States may apply. The EUMETSAT Convention requires that Staff shall be recruited based on their qualifications, account being taken of the international character of EUMETSAT.
EUMETSAT is Europe’s meteorological satellite agency. Its role is to establish and operate meteorological satellites to monitor the weather and climate from space - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This information is supplied to the National Meteorological Services of the organisation's Member and Cooperating States in Europe, as well as other users worldwide.
EUMETSAT also operates several Copernicus missions on behalf of the European Union and provide data services to the Copernicus marine and atmospheric services and their users.
As an intergovernmental European Organisation, EUMETSAT has 30 Member States (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom.)
The closing date is 20th June with the interviews being held in the w/c 26th August.