As part of the Configuration Management (CM) Competence Area (CM CA) of the Process Assurance and Management Support Division (PRS), the Documentation/Configuration Management Analyst provides Configuration Management support to the various technical and engineering departments of EUMETSAT involved in EUMETSAT programmes and contributions to the EU Copernicus Programme.
- Support configuration management engineers in the implementation of processes and working practices related to the management of documents under configuration control;
- Support configuration management engineers to maintain the “as designed” configuration status reports of the departments and programmes throughout development and operational activities;
- Perform inspections of documents under configuration control applicable to both programmes under development and operational systems, in line with data recorded in configuration and documentation management tools;
- Regularly generate indicators to assess the performance of the configuration and documentation management processes and working practices.
- Support the preparation of Anomaly Review Board meetings regularly organised to process anomalies raised on EUMETSAT operational systems;
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience in using PC-based systems, with high proficiency in the MS Office tools package (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
- Experience in using documentation management systems; Experience with configuration management tools would be an asset;
- High attention to detail and a systematic and orderly approach to managing work;
- Strong service & customer focus, team spirit, quality orientation and communication skills;
- Previous experience in an international organisation would be an asset.
Candidates must be able to work effectively in English and have some knowledge of French.
The initial contract will be of 4 years’ duration, with subsequent 5-year contracts being awarded thereafter, subject to individual performance and organisation requirements. There is no limit to the amount of follow-up contracts a staff member can receive up to the EUMETSAT retirement age of 63 and there are certainly opportunities to establish a long career perspective at EUMETSAT.
This post is graded B4/B5 on the EUMETSAT salary scales. The minimum basic salary for this post is EURO 4,428 per month (net of internal tax) which may be negotiable on the basis of skills and experience. The salary scale provides for increments on the anniversary of taking up employment, and scales are reviewed by the EUMETSAT Council with effect from 1 January each year. In addition to basic salary, EUMETSAT offers attractive benefits. Further information, including salary details, is available on the EUMETSAT web site.
EUMETSAT is committed to providing an equal opportunity work environment for men and women. Please note that only nationals of EUMETSAT Member States may apply. The EUMETSAT Convention requires that Staff shall be recruited based on their qualifications, account being taken of the international character of EUMETSAT.
EUMETSAT is Europe’s meteorological satellite agency. Its role is to establish and operate meteorological satellites to monitor the weather and climate from space - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This information is supplied to the National Meteorological Services of the organisation's Member and Cooperating States in Europe, as well as other users worldwide.
EUMETSAT also operates several Copernicus missions on behalf of the European Union and provide data services to the Copernicus marine and atmospheric services and their users.
As an intergovernmental European Organisation, EUMETSAT has 30 Member States (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom.)
Closing date - 7 November 2019