Forests for the Future Facility - Administrative project assistant / Secretary (m/f/d) based in Brussels
75%-100% – 2.5-year contract on a freelance basis – starting approx. January 2023
Particip GmbH is a consultancy offering project management and development cooperation services to international organisations across the globe. We’re currently seeking administrative support in Brussels for the international team of experts and managers working on the “Forests for the Future Facility” (F4).
F4 provides strategic and technical support to the European Commission and to partner countries, to improve the number, quality and effectiveness of EU interventions in the forest-relevant sectors. F4 has a demand-driven approach to improve the number, quality and effectiveness of EU interventions in forest-relevant sectors. F4's main themes include sustainable forest management, private sector investment, policy reforms and sustainable value chains. The F4 team comprises five fulltime experts, supported by numerous short-term experts in partner countries.
Your tasks can include
- General office management and assistance to the EU Facility “Forests for the Future”
- Supporting communication with experts, partners and clients in English and French
- Supporting the Facility’s experts in their daily work, including data research, extracting and compiling relevant information, creating and/or updating databases
- Formatting, editing, and proofreading documents and reports in English and French
- Formatting, editing and verifying the correctness of CVs in English and French
- Organising physical, online and hybrid meetings, and drafting meetings minutes
- Supporting travel arrangements and other logistics
- Preparing, reviewing and processing invoices
- Preparing, compiling and/or reviewing supporting administrative documents
- Managing the online file sharing system and updating the management information system
- Other ad-hoc tasks as required by the project team and Particip managers
Please do not apply if you do not fulfil the following essential criteria:
1. English proficiency (C2 in the Common European Framework)
2. French working knowledge (at least B2 in the Common European Framework)
3. Sound MS Word and MS Excel skills
4. Experience in most of the tasks described above
5. Based in, or willingness to relocate to, Brussels, Belgium
Assets we will consider as desired criteria include:
1. Training and/or experience in office assistance, as a multilingual secretary, or similar
2. Experience in invoice-processing and/or simple accounting
3. Familiarity with SharePoint or other file-sharing software
4. Familiarity with professional use of MS Teams or other tele-conferencing software
5. Work experience in an EU Member State
6. Working knowledge of Spanish (B2 in the Common European Framework)
7. Professional and sophisticated communication style
What we offer
- Work with great colleagues in a dynamic international expert and project management team at a successful company
- On-the-job training
- Flexible work arrangement (regular office presence is expected but some teleworking could be considered)
- Work supporting a prestigious EU project
- Work in the international development cooperation business
Please send your application (CV and cover letter, including daily fee expectations, in English, as well as academic and professional supporting documentation) by 01.11.2022 to Ms Lena Fraser-Landmann:
Subject: F4 Project assistant in Brussels
Incoming applications will be screened on a running basis and the position may be filled before the closing date.
Only applications that fulfil the profile’s essential requirements will be responded to.
We look forward to hearing from you!