Have you always dreamed of leading a team developing revolutionary, fully autonomous, and distributed robotics systems? Do you enjoy working in a multicultural and good-humored team in an inspiring work environment? Then Verity has the right job for you!
We are looking for a seasoned professional to lead a group of 15 software engineers (and growing) as part of our “Applications and Frameworks” team. As Head of Application & Frameworks (HoAF) you’ll work closely with the Head of Development and peers in order to deliver software and IT services that meet internal and external stakeholders needs. The HoAF will be accountable for the creation and delivery of the strategic software, technical vision, leadership and all aspects of the development and integration of software.
The global leader in autonomous indoor drone systems, Verity enables zero-error warehousing for big box retailers, third-party logistics providers, and manufacturers, with our integrated inventory tracking system. Verity counts 3PL giant DSV and IKEA among their current client base. Our live events solutions help create stunning effects for top names in the entertainment industry like Drake, Céline Dion, Metallica, and Cirque du Soleil. We continuously reach beyond existing limitations to rethink, reimagine, and rework the role of robotics in the world today.
Come help us break new boundaries for drone systems and technologies!
What you'll do
- Collaborate with the CTO and the Head of Development to define and execute a long term vision for Verity's software systems
- Continuosly improve the software development process and guidelines to foster a culture of excellence
- Mentor your team to adopt best practices and design patterns to develop scalable, performant, and reliable software and architectures
- Identify the needs for shared frameworks, design a solutions and implement them with your team
- Identify, evaluate, and adopt new technologies to continuously improve our software systems and help the company to disrupt the market with innovative solutions.
- Closely cooperate with peers and other engineering teams (hardware, data, QA, etc.) to guarantee the delivery of our product in time and high quality
- Explore possibilities for collaborations & partnerships with external parties
- Lead and manage the day-to-day activities of a team of software engineers
- Guide the team members by leading by example and support their career growth
- Be responsible to grow the team to ensure that required resources and skills needed are available to meet the company’s targets
Why you'll love Verity
- Flexibility of a hybrid work environment. You can arrange start and finish times around your life (picking up kids, walking the dog, training for your next marathon at lunch)
- A great engineering culture, including flat hierarchies, an open-door policy, and a focus on joint responsibility and mutual trust and support
- Working with a skilled, high-achieving, experienced, and fun team—with lots of opportunities to develop your professional career and grow with the company
- Annual team-building events, quarterly and monthly get-togethers, knowledge-sharing talks, game nights, and more
- 25 days of annual leave, employee stock ownership plan (conditions apply), variety of pension plans, and relocation packages
- Welcoming office space complete with friendly team members, free snacks (fresh fruits, coffee, and more!), and fun activities—we’re dog-friendly!
What you bring
- Degree (FH, BSc, MSc) in computer science, software engineering, or relevant field.
- 8+ years of professional hands-on experience in delivering industrial grade software projects
- 4+ years of experience in leading a team
- Thorough understanding of software development with a focus on R&D projects
- Excellent understanding of processes and methods that meet high quality standards
- Methodological competence of agile approaches (SCRUM, SAFe, Kanban, ...)
- Exceptional time management, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Additional plus
- Experience in developing Cloud centric solutions
- Experience in designing SW architectures
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with project management
- Tools and frameworks:
- Experience with C/C++ and/or, Python
- Experience with web technologies
- Experience with relational and non relational databases
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
Who you are
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of initiative and exceptional sense of responsibility (can-do attitude)
- Team player with high problem-solving competence, capable of working autonomously
- Ability to work positively with the wide range of individuals and ensure collaboration for efficient delivery
Are you ready for a great adventure?
Learn more about who we are, what we do, and how we think at www.verity.net