Working as part of a multinational team of professionals, the Operations Quality Assurance Manager manages and delivers Quality Assurance (QA) support services relating to the operation of satellite systems, services to users and other activities performed under the responsibility of the Operations & Services to Users (OPS) Department.
EUMETSAT is Europe’s meteorological satellite agency - monitoring the weather and climate from space - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
At EUMETSAT, you can make a world of difference and be a part of something that makes a positive impact on society. You will be at the cutting edge of satellite technology, with a meaningful role in an organisation focused on space-based observations of the Earth’s weather and climate. Working as part of a multinational team of professionals, the Operations Quality Assurance Manager manages and delivers Quality Assurance (QA) support services relating to the operation of satellite systems, services to users and other activities performed under the responsibility of the Operations & Services to Users (OPS) Department.
- Manage a team of quality assurance specialists (staff members and contracted services) and the associated budgets, to ensure the effective and efficient execution of the duties listed below;
- Manage and deliver quality assurance support services to the operations for all EUMETSAT satellite systems and for the projects led by the OPS Department, including:
- Monitoring of the satisfactory implementation of the QA requirements ;
- Guidance or support to investigations and problem solving on detected anomalies, non-conformities and operational incidents;
- Reporting to the Director of Operations and Services to Users;
- Facilitate the risk management activities in the area of satellite systems operations, including organisation and follow up of risk reviews on departmental and project levels;
- Ensure the implementation of lessons learned in the area of satellite systems operations;
- Support the definition, documentation, implementation, analysis and continual improvement of operations processes and associated working practices, and the assessment of their compliance with the EUMETSAT Management System;
- Support the QA Competence Area Manager in the harmonisation and improvement of EUMETSAT-wide QA processes;
- Perform and/or support EUMETSAT internal quality audits, as well as audits on contractors and suppliers;
- Support external quality audits.
- Excellent salary, in excess of 6,900 Euro (Net / after deductions) based on skills and experience
- Flexible working time including additional days of flexi-leave
- 30 days paid annual leave + 14.5 days public holidays
- Full medical coverage for family
- Attractive pension
- Training and development support
- Relocation allowance for international applicants
Skills and experience
- Minimum five years of experience in the area of quality or product assurance in complex software-intensive working environment, preferably in operational or 24/7 working environment;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coordinate teams, including management of performance and maintenance of key skills and knowledge;
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills, combined analysis, synthesis and presentations ability to ensure effective and efficient work and interactions both within and across teams;
- Knowledge and practice of the ISO 9000 and/or ECSS series of standards are required.
- An auditor certification would be an advantage.
EUMETSAT is committed to providing an equal opportunity work environment for men and women. Please note that only nationals of EUMETSAT Member States may apply. The EUMETSAT Convention requires that Staff shall be recruited based on their qualifications, account being taken of the international character of EUMETSAT.
EUMETSAT is Europe’s meteorological satellite agency. Its role is to establish and operate meteorological satellites to monitor the weather and climate from space - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This information is supplied to the National Meteorological Services of the organisation's Member and Cooperating States in Europe, as well as other users worldwide.
EUMETSAT also operates several Copernicus missions on behalf of the European Union and provide data services to the Copernicus marine and atmospheric services and their users.
As an intergovernmental European Organisation, EUMETSAT has 30 Member States (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom.)
Salary 140,760 Euros